Schedule: Once a month, on Friday.
What does this course teach?
- Become competent with medication terminology and abbreviations.
- How to transcribe physician orders.
- Learn the correct way medication is packaged, stored, and your role in accountability.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Introduction to pharmacology and different classification of medications.
- Preparing and administering medications specific to the CMT role: oral, ophthalmic (eye), optic (ear), topical, transdermal, oral, nasal, vaginal, rectal, oxygen.