What does this course teach?
- The historical development of Self Directed Support.
- The values and approaches relating to ‘Personalization’ and Self Directed Support.
- An introduction to the legal frameworks relevant to Self Directed Support.
- Understanding the differences between Support Brokerage, Advocacy, Social Work and Care Management.
- The practical skills needed to support someone to access a Personal Budget, Personal Health Budget, Direct
- Payment or Individual Service Fund.
- A brief introduction to Individual Service Funds and the practical functions associated with them.
- Exploring the wider range of Community Development & Strengths-based approaches to understand how support brokerage fits with these.
- Tools, techniques and approaches integral to Person-Centered planning & Community Mapping.
Who is it for?
- Individuals who want to self-direct their own support and/or act as self-advocates.
- Family members who want to be involved in self-directing the support of a relative.
- Anyone providing information, advice & guidance within a community, health and social care context.
- Anyone involved in doing Person-Centered Planning or developing Support Plans.
- Individuals working in Direct Payment or Personal Health Budget teams.
- Individuals working in Self Directed Support teams.
- Health & Social Care provider organizations.
- Social Care & Health professionals with an interest or involvement in Personalization.